Thursday, August 6, 2009

Moving Day, Days, Week?

We are moving once again. It has been a year and a half since we last broke out the U-Haul boxes and filled them with all of our things (mainly all of the girls things...how do they collect so much junk in such a short time?) I'm trying to be super mom and put things away immediately, but it's difficult when I have to chase the girls around and supervise their fighting outside. This is just day 1 of hopefully only 3, maybe 4 days of back and forth torture. The struggle is worth every moment though because the house feels like home even without all of our things. That is such a good sign. We also have super friendly neighbors with a 2 year old and a baby on the way. Monchichi will have a playmate! The girls absolutely love the backyard complete with a wooden playhouse just their size. Goose was so surprised to find her kitchen and table and chairs in the playhouse this afternoon. The smile on her face melted my heart! Monchichi loves the playhouse for a totally different reason - she can take the kitchen plates and dig in the dirt. My own Pig-Pen! We have rose bushes down one side of our yard and grapevines behind the pool that taste so sweet! When all of the hustle and bustle slows down, I look forward to quiet evenings on the porch, enjoying the stars and relaxing. I hope to stay in this house for a long time (famous last words). I want stability for the girls and I like the school district that we live in. It's still a year away, but I want Goose to go to a good school.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, evenings on the porch. Sounds like heaven. Can I come over?

    ReplyDelete