Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sibling Rivalry

It is amazing how Goose and Monchichi can get along perfectly one minute, and then yell and kick each other the next. If Goose has one of Monchichi's toys, then she immediately wants it and vice versa, eventhough there was no interest in the toy beforehand. These squabbles led Goose to make a sign for her bedroom door stating, "No You Monchici." In other words, "Keep Out Monchichi." Goose even drew a picture of Monchichi to illustrate her phonetic representation. I thought about not letting her put the sign up, but I need to let Goose express her independence. Thoughts of my teenage years as an only daughter spring to mind and then I ponder raising two teenage girls under the same roof. How do parents survive? I was a pretty good kid, but I did give my parents a run for their money from time to time. All I can do is demonstrate patience, compassion, and love, and hope that the girls internalize those values.

1 comment: